MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Help Discarding these extra GTID events
Posted by: Alexandru Badulescu
Date: June 30, 2022 11:18AM

Hi,
I had an InnoDB Group Replication with 3 nodes. Because MySQL Router is having issues working with that, I created a cluster from the Group Replication.
Not long after, both slave nodes were dropped from the cluster because of an 1032 error.
I rebooted the cluster, and when trying to add back the nodes, I got issues with 3 tables. Unfortunately I forgot to disable binlog on the slave, so it wrote 3 GTIDs for the drops, and now I can't seem to be able to add them back to the cluster.
According to the message, I should he able to fix that, but I was not able to:
"WARNING: A GTID set check of the MySQL instance at '10.13.25.92:3306' determined that it contains transactions that do not originate from the cluster, which must be discarded before it can join the cluster.

10.13.25.92:3306 has the following errant GTIDs that do not exist in the cluster:
9825a11d-d03f-11ec-9e3e-ac1f6b589870:1-3

WARNING: Discarding these extra GTID events can either be done manually or by completely overwriting the state of 10.13.25.92:3306 with a physical snapshot from an existing cluster member. To use this method by default, set the 'recoveryMethod' option to 'clone'."
Can anybody explain how I could solve this without having to fully clone the master (it's a 2T database).

Thank you!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Help Discarding these extra GTID events
June 30, 2022 11:18AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.