MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Regarding aborted connection
Posted by: Stephen Kwok
Date: February 04, 2023 06:10PM

Hi,

I'm looking at aborted connection -
2022-11-21T20:10:43.215738Z 640870 [Note] Aborted connection 640870 to db: '***' user: '***' host: '10.0.0.**' (Got timeout reading communication packets)

My understanding is that I need to figure out whether it is an interactive or not connection, and increase wait_timeout
(or interactive_timeout) accordingly. If it has no effect, then I'll need to adjust net_read_timeout or net_write_timeout and see.
I'd like to ask:
1. Is there a meta table that I can query for the connection type (interactive or not)?
2. There are how-to's on the internet on adjusting wait_timeout (or interactive_timeout) and all of them have rebooting the database as the last step. Is that really required? Given that immediate effect is not required, the sessions are supposed to come and go, and new sessions will pick up the new value (after the system value is set), I suppose if there is a way to track how many connections are left with the old values, then it will be ok?
3. Finally, can someone suggest any blog (strategy) on handling aborted connection or adjusting the timeout values?
Thank you!

RDS MySQL version 5.7

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Regarding aborted connection
February 04, 2023 06:10PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.