MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

ERROR! The server quit without updating PID file
Posted by: Oksana Bihun
Date: April 04, 2023 12:00PM

Hello,

I am new to mySQL and am trying to have mySQL server running on my macOS Mojave, Version 10.14.6. I installed an earlier version of mySQL, 8.0.18, because it is compatible with my OS. The installation was from dmg file. I checked the sum and it was correct.

I tried to start mySQL server in the system preferences, but the green light circle button indicating that the server is running lit up for just a second and then became red again, indicating that the server isn't running.

I then tried to start mySQL server in Terminal by typing

/usr/local/mysql-8.0.18-macos10.14-x86_64/support-files/mysql.server restart

The output was the following

______________BEGIN____________________
ERROR! MySQL server PID file could not be found!
Starting MySQL
./usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqld_safe: line 674: /usr/local/mysql/data/Oksanas-MBP.hitronhub.home.err: Permission denied
Logging to '/usr/local/mysql/data/Oksanas-MBP.hitronhub.home.err'.
/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqld_safe: line 144: /usr/local/mysql/data/Oksanas-MBP.hitronhub.home.err: Permission denied
/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqld_safe: line 199: /usr/local/mysql/data/Oksanas-MBP.hitronhub.home.err: Permission denied
/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqld_safe: line 937: /usr/local/mysql/data/Oksanas-MBP.hitronhub.home.err: Permission denied
rm: /usr/local/mysql/data/Oksanas-MBP.hitronhub.home.pid.shutdown: Permission denied
/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqld_safe: line 144: /usr/local/mysql/data/Oksanas-MBP.hitronhub.home.err: Permission denied
ERROR! The server quit without updating PID file (/usr/local/mysql/data/Oksanas-MBP.hitronhub.home.pid).
______________END____________________

Can anyone help? Thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
ERROR! The server quit without updating PID file
April 04, 2023 12:00PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.