MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

How to remove mySQL completely?
Posted by: Andrew Frazier
Date: March 08, 2006 06:21AM

I've had some problems setting up mySQL, PHP, Apache, phpMyAdmin on a Suse Linux 10 machine and want to remove mySQL completely so that I can re-install it and start over.

Initially I had everything set up right but phpMyAdmin warned me that I didn't have a root password set, so I set one. However, when I reloaded phpMyAdmin I couldn't connect as I got an error #1045, mySQL was expecting root to be "using password: NO".

After removing the password from the user table in the mysql db at the command line when I tried to get back in to phpMyAdmin I got the same error except it was now "using password: YES".

Back at the command line I could no longer even access the mysql db as root, and I hadn't got as far as creating other users yet.

I though that uninstalling would remove the databases and create a new one but it appears that it didn't so I still can't connect to mySQL to do anything.

My question, therefore, is how do I remove it completely from a Linux system so that I can make a clean install with fresh default databases; and, where are the configuration files kept so that I can make sure that when a password is set I can still connect to the system.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
How to remove mySQL completely?
March 08, 2006 06:21AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.