MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

What is my username and password in mysql database?
Posted by: Junifer Tamayo
Date: June 16, 2006 09:47AM

Hello guys,

Right now i'm stack with this simple question, what is my username and password in mysql database?

I running windows xp, i have install mysql and myodbc there were no prblem in the installations. Theres an article in divarticles.com entitled Using MyODBC To Access Your MySQL Database Via ASP and you can check it here http://www.devarticles.com/c/a/ASP/Using-MyODBC-To-Access-Your-MySQL-Database-Via-ASP/. As instructed i installed myodbc and no problem there, now the part that it says creating system DNS i tried it then choose MyODBC driver and in a certain part of the configuration theres a box for data source name, description, server, user, password and database. I dont have any idea what is my username, yes i entered a password during the configuration of the mysql after installation but theres no field for the Username/User so how do i know? and is the password that i entered in the said configuration is the password to be use in DNS.

Heres a DNS-less code that i also tried but failed

"Driver={mySQL}; Server=localhost; Port=3306; Option=0; Socket=; Stmt=; Database=test; Uid=; Pwd=;"

as you can see i empty the Uid and Pwd, i also tried to put the password but empty the username but still wont work.

Can anyone help? pls.?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
What is my username and password in mysql database?
June 16, 2006 09:47AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.