MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Optimizer & Parser

Re: At Performance Limit for 2 GB RAM?
Posted by: Nick Matheson
Date: July 22, 2005 01:33PM

KimSeong-

Thanks for the response. Sorry I am a little slow in getting back to you, but rebuilding the indexes takes a while. I had already tested the index both ways you suggested originally but just to make sure I changed it back again, and still no luck in fact it seems to be about 25-50% slower than the other index.

I suspected the (stn_id, metadata_id) would perform better as well because of the lower cardinality of stn_id (4000 items) to that of metadata_id (50,000 items). But strangely the results didn't confirm this.

The y_metadatatemp table is a temporary table more for troubleshooting a more complex query so I didn't think to index it, but indexing it doesn't show any significant performance increase.

If you have any other ideas I would be interested in hearing them. I have a white paper on a Dell/MySQL benchmark that shows a database with sizes in the same ball park I have here sustaining 1900 transactions per minute with an average response time of 1.217 (s) per query. (The full details of the test are a little vague, but they lead me to believe that the times I am seeing for comparable row quantities and hardware are a bit low.)

Thanks again,

Nick

p.s. Anyone else have any input?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: At Performance Limit for 2 GB RAM?
July 22, 2005 01:33PM
August 04, 2005 07:17PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.