MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Optimizer & Parser

Optimizing query
Posted by: jr wakabayashi
Date: May 23, 2011 04:12PM

I have a query which has multiple joins and i'm trying to find a way to optimize it. What is the best solution? Is there a software that can look at the query and make suggestions on what to do, what indexes need to be created? My query is below...

I have an index on the models (modelid) and manufacturers (mfrid) at the moment. But even then it takes about 30 seconds to complete.

Thanks for any help.

SELECT DISTINCT models.modelid, models.ModelName FROM class INNER J
OIN (manufacturers RIGHT JOIN (((crossref INNER JOIN (costco_skus RIGHT JOIN pat
riotpart_tbl ON costco_skus.Costco_SKUS = patriotpart_tbl.partnumber) ON crossre
f.CrossrefId = patriotpart_tbl.crossrefid) INNER JOIN OEMMemory ON crossref.Cros
srefId = oemmemory.CrossRefID) INNER JOIN models ON OEMMemory.ModelID = models.m
odelid) ON manufacturers.mfrid = models.mfrid) ON class.catid = models.catid WHE
RE (class.catid = ? AND manufacturers.mfrid = ? AND ((costco_skus.crossref) In (
?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?))) ORDER BY models.modelname ASC

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Optimizing query
May 23, 2011 04:12PM
May 24, 2011 12:49AM
May 27, 2011 08:55AM
May 28, 2011 12:30AM
May 28, 2011 10:40PM
May 29, 2011 12:54PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.