MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Optimizer & Parser

Re: Compound index (pkey) not used when it should be
Posted by: Dan Parker
Date: November 30, 2017 10:31AM

Problems are never declared bugs just on someone's say-so. It'd be unnecessary to verify your report if and only if such has already been empirically confirmed & replicated as a bug to fix. Otherwise, accepting your report without verifying it would be useless, a flagrant instance of confirmation bias.

I thought the remainder of my post, which you snipped in your quoting of it and in which I described the ease with which the problem can be recreated (and which I included in my bug report) made it pretty clear that I wasn't expecting anyone to declare a bug based just on my say-so. In fact I'm not expecting anyone to declare a bug for any reason. I'm just hoping for a solution to the problem, whether that involves the diagnosis and fixing of a bug, a change to my table or query...or whatever. The reason I submitted a bug report was because you suggested that I do so, not because I've unilaterally decided there's a bug to fix.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: Compound index (pkey) not used when it should be
November 30, 2017 10:31AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.