MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Ruby

MYSQL and RoR
Posted by: Rafael Dalma
Date: January 19, 2006 07:13PM

I'm trying to create an application using RoR (Ruby on Rails) that shows only some records of my database (MySQL) depending on a user that belongs to a group/department.

For example, I have a school and there are 2 departments: Finance and Administrative Staff. All of them can see the name of the students, their contact details, etc. Administrative Staff are not interested on
Financial issues, therefore I don't want to show if they have or have not paid school fees. Any person on the staff has an account and some privileges and they can check the information in any available
computer on the school.

I would like to know the answer to the post http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?30,46596,46596#msg-46596 and if roles can be assigned to users how can this be done. The RoR part in the question is just to know if someone has done something similar with this language (or a way to go around this problem)

I'll really appreciate any help.

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
MYSQL and RoR
January 19, 2006 07:13PM
February 07, 2006 01:40AM
March 23, 2006 09:41PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.