MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Source, Builds, Binaries

compile failing "The function "localtime_r" must have a prototype"
Posted by: Christine Ross
Date: January 13, 2015 03:09PM

I need to upgrade/compile a legacy Sparc Solaris 8 server. It is currently running mysql 5.0.22. I've installed Sun Studio 11 and am trying to compile mysql 5.1.57. I know that is old too but I'm working my way up to 5.6 without making one big upgrade and this worked in the past on Solaris 10. This is where the compile is failing. Any idea how to resolve this. Thanks

handler/i_s.cc", line 159: Error: The function "localtime_r" must have a prototype .
1 Error(s) detected.
make[2]: *** [ha_innodb_plugin_la-i_s.lo] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home1/users/cross/work/MysqlUpgrade/mysql-5.1.57/st orage/innodb_plugin'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home1/users/cross/work/MysqlUpgrade/mysql-5.1.57/st orage'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

--------------------

My configure script is simple.

# more ConfigureMysql
#!/bin/sh

PATH=/opt/SUNWspro/bin:/usr/local/bin:.:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/ucb:/etc:/usr/local/cmake/bin:/usr/ccs/bin:/usr/sfw/bin; export PATH

CC=cc; export CC
CXX=CC; export CXX

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mysql --datadir=/home1/mysql_data --with-mysqld-user=mysql --with-plugins=innobase

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.