MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Source, Builds, Binaries

Re: Compiling MySQL 5.0.x from sources
Posted by: David Wright
Date: April 11, 2005 04:31AM

I agree - I just got the latest source VIA bitkeeper from the web site and there are NO files in the VC++Files directory.

Secondly the process of compiling recommends that certain scripts be ran prior to compiling and they are UNIX style SHELL scripts.

Can someone from this organisation please work on making MySql and MySql tools compile from a 'pure' windows environment.

The last 2 releases I have downloaded (5.0.2 and 5.0.3) both crash when using enums. I am tring to build my own version that includes this fix as I have no idea how often 5.0.x builds are done. It would be great if the site had nightly builds.

Everyone tells me I should use this database product but I can not even create the required database tables. I did it quicker in MS-Access but it is not as scalable as MySql is supposed to be...

Has anyone built the source in Visual Studio 6 or Visual Studio 7 (.NET)?

HELP!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
March 20, 2005 03:12AM
Re: Compiling MySQL 5.0.x from sources
April 11, 2005 04:31AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.