MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Source, Builds, Binaries

How to apply mysql patch
Posted by: Raymond Owens
Date: November 03, 2005 02:35PM

I'm using a mysql 5.0.13.rc database which I control. Some new users are querying the database with a vendor supplied client, modification of which is not easy to do, which is giving errors along the line of:

Unknown column 'x.x' in 'on clause'

when it begins to query the data in my database.

After some research I think this is related to a new feature added in 5.0.12.rc which tightens allowable syntax that the server will accept in regard to certain join queries to make them in accord with SQL:2003.

The fix for this is in 5.0.16, but that is not released yet. I could go backwards to version 5.0.11 (can't go to 4.x because I need to be able to do views in the server) or I could apply the patch I see included in bug #13832. The problem is I don't follow how to apply the patch to my server. Is it just a matter of updating or replacing some code in a c file and recompiling the source? Anyone able to supply some simple hos to patch instructions? The server is on a FreeBSD 5.4 system. Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
How to apply mysql patch
November 03, 2005 02:35PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.