MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Source, Builds, Binaries

Re: MySQL 8.0.16 on Fedora/PPC64LE : I see issues, inc. hangs
Posted by: Tony Reix
Date: August 14, 2019 02:13AM

Thanks. Yes, I see that, on MySQL web-site, Power never appears.

However, the Fedora project builds the community MySQL code. On my Fedora/PPC64LE machine, I could install MySQL thanks to Yum. See below. By rebuilding it by my-self, I wanted to check the quality of the port by running the tests. And I get a reproducible hang and some unexpected errors compared to Fedora/x86_64 (89 failed tests on FC30/PPC64LE compared to 43 failed tests on FC30/x86_64).

Moreover, Fedora project delivers a community-mysql-8.0.16-2.fc31.src.rpm file (see below) that I am using now, and I see that Lars Tangvald from Oracle (lars.tangvald@oracle.com) has made changes to the .spec file for release 1 of 8.0.16 .

Does Oracle plan to support the Power architecture in the future?

Thanks

Tony Reix - ATOS (we sell Power machines)

# yum search community-mysql
====================================================================== Nom correspond exactement à : community-mysql ======================================================================
community-mysql.ppc64le : MySQL client programs and shared libraries
=========================================================================== Nom correspond à : community-mysql ============================================================================
community-mysql-libs.ppc64le : The shared libraries required for MySQL clients
community-mysql-test.ppc64le : The test suite distributed with MySQL
community-mysql-devel.ppc64le : Files for development of MySQL applications
community-mysql-common.ppc64le : The shared files required for MySQL server and client
community-mysql-errmsg.ppc64le : The error messages files required by MySQL server
community-mysql-server.ppc64le : The MySQL server and related files

https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/development/rawhide/Everything/source/tree/Packages/c/community-mysql-8.0.16-2.fc31.src.rpm

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.