MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Source, Builds, Binaries

Re: How can i make a MySQL8 tar package like offcial tar package through source build?
Posted by: Bjørn Munch
Date: April 08, 2020 03:12AM

What I meant was to skip point 8 where you make softlinks to gcc 5.3, and then use this for your cmake:

-DCMAKE_CXX_COMPILER=/usr/local/gcc-5.3/bin/g++ -DCMAKE_C_COMPILER=/usr/local/gcc-5.3/bin/gcc

But before trying that, set the system libstc++ link back to where it was:

rm /lib64/libstdc++.so.6
ln -s libstdc++.so.6.0.19 /lib64/libstdc++.so.6

If this works, run ldd ../bin/bin/mysqld and see which libstdc++.so.6 it depends on. If it depends on the one in gcc 5.3, then you will have to install gcc 5.3 where you want to run MySQL too.

If you still get errors in make or make install, you may have to replace /lib64/libstdc++.so.6 again. Just like you did the first time.

As I said, the official tarball it built with Red Hat's Developer Studio 8 which includes gcc 8. This does *not* have its own libstdc++ but uses the system 6.0.19. That is why the MySQL built with it also can use 6.0.19.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: How can i make a MySQL8 tar package like offcial tar package through source build?
April 08, 2020 03:12AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.