MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Docs

Doc authoring tool
Posted by: Yves BERNARD
Date: August 31, 2016 02:30AM

Hello,

Sorry for hijacking this forum for considerations not directly linked to MySQL but I download the MySQL reference manual recently and I'm impressed by the quality of this document which has more than 1400 pages!

I'm involved in task forces of the Object Management Group (www.omg.org) organization which publish open source specifications for standards like UML and SysML. By the way we have to produce documents of several hundred of pages. Writers of these documents are spread around the world and document generation tools are used in some cases.

Giving those big documents the expected level of quality requires a significant amount of work.

OMG staff uses FrameMaker for the finalization of the published document but, because of its cost, there is almost no contributor which can use it for producing content. OMG staff recommends LibreOffice for this purpose but this software has security issues and is black-listed in some companies (including mine).

I'm curious to know which authoring tool you use.

Thanks in advance.

Yves

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Doc authoring tool
August 31, 2016 02:30AM
September 02, 2016 08:27PM
September 06, 2016 03:28AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.