MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Docs

Docuentation on the new libmysqlclient needs improvement
Posted by: Igor Korot
Date: July 23, 2022 08:02PM

Hi, ALL,

2 things:

1. There is no indication on how to build libmysqlclient (formerly known as mySQL Connector C) on Windows with MSVC as a Debug version.

Building everything is a cmplete waste of time, especially if I don't need a server -- client only. But the docs doesn't explain how!

The documentation for old product did a perfect ob laying everything out. The current one says - build the server and it will build the library.

2. Documentation on how to use the library is even worse especially on Windows.

The very first sentence in the https://dev.mysql.com/doc/c-api/8.0/en/c-api-building-clients.html#c-api-building-clients-compiling-mysql-clients-on-microsoft-windows states:

To specify header and library file locations, use the facilities provided by your development environment.

What is provided by MSVC?

I know I need mysql.h and the dll, but there are multiple copies of the file available and I don't know which one I shuold use.

I sure hope someone from mySQL foundation will look at this post and fix it or at least confirm and explain here in the meantime

Thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Docuentation on the new libmysqlclient needs improvement
July 23, 2022 08:02PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.