MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Docs

MySQL for Excel Documentation
Posted by: Michael Grabowski
Date: April 20, 2013 06:22AM

I was learning how to export data straight from an Excel spreadsheet into a MySQL table and it took an inordinate amount of time to find the right information because I believe section 26.5 'Export MySQL Data' is mis-labeled.

I believe it should be properly labeled as 'Export Excel Data'.

The main topic is 'MySQL for Excel' which sort of implies the instructions are to be used from within Excel, and all of the following instructions that I have read so far indicate this is true.

So from that mindset, a user is in Excel and is looking for instructions on how to export Excel data, not MySQL data. In fact, in section 26.5 'Export MySQL Data', you are instructed to use the 'Export Excel Data to New Table' option. Not the 'Export MySQL Data to New Table' option, which of course does not exists.

Sorry if this sounds like nitpicking, but I thought this little change would help others also. Plus it would help the facilitate the impression of integrity in the MySQL documentation.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
MySQL for Excel Documentation
April 20, 2013 06:22AM
March 07, 2014 01:41PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.