MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL & Storage

RAID 10 across 4 disks
Posted by: Haroon Anwar
Date: July 17, 2006 09:55PM

Dear All,

I hope this is the right place to post this question. I am using RHEL ES 4.0. I have got four disks installed in this server. sda, sdb sdc and sdd. I am trying to configure raid 10. But till now without any luck. Anaconda installation allows me to either configure Raid 0 or Raid 1.

What I want is sda2 and sdb2 configured into logical software partition md0 as Raid 1. sdc2 and sdd2 configured into md1 as raid 1. Then I want to combine md0 and md1 into md2 as raid 0 for best performance.

I can configure md1 and md0 using anaconda. I have to configure md2 from inside the OS. I can do it using mdadm and the output of /proc/mdstat shows me that its done. But, when I reboot, then md2 goes away. Its not persistent. I have contacted Red Hat but without any luck.

Since I have got 4 disks, raid 10 should be possible. Has any one been able to do it successfully on RHEL 4.0??

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
RAID 10 across 4 disks
July 17, 2006 09:55PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.