MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL & Storage

High Availability Setup with Scalable Storage (iSCSI)
Posted by: Alex B
Date: November 20, 2006 01:02PM

I am trying to deploy a high availability / fault tollerant mysql server solution with scalable storage.

Based on looking at various presentations found here and on the internet I am thinking with my medium size budget the following should work well.

single master -> slave replication with linux high-availability hart beat + manual failover + shared storage via iSCSI

dual opteron servers with 4GB ram each for master and slave with raid0

If the master fails, the heartbeat would page me and I would manually run the failover scripts to avoid db corruption, just in case heartbeat screws up and I end up with 2 live masters.

As a next step I can scale the setup by adding more similar db servers and reconfiguring it to be a mysql cluster with iscsi storage.

Need help with iscsi storage solutions though and how should they be implemented properly in the setup I am talking about. Can someone give me advice on the storage implementation. Fibrechannel, ISCSI , good vendors, partitioning etc..?

Thank you

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2006 01:10PM by Alex B.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
High Availability Setup with Scalable Storage (iSCSI)
November 20, 2006 01:02PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.