MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL & Storage

MySQL and SAN
Posted by: Hank Hill
Date: September 22, 2005 07:53AM

Given our new information, showing that our final databases will range in the 2 Terabyte range, our company is seriously considering upgrading to a storage area network.

I've been looking online for some documentation, real life examples, anything really to do with migrating mysql into a SAN environment. We do have a staff who will be in charge of setting up and maintaining the SAN, but I am curious how MySQL is migrated? No one here has really worked with a SAN before, and it's my job to make sure it is a smooth transition, MySQL-wise. Is it as easy as pointing the data path on the existing server, from it's internal HD - to a new drive and directory on the SAN? OR would it be more complicated?

Storage Area Network seems like the obvious way for us to go - I just want to make sure the MySQL migration will not be a bigger headache than it should be.

ANY help would be appreciated.

- HH

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
MySQL and SAN
September 22, 2005 07:53AM
February 27, 2006 06:47PM
January 12, 2007 12:54PM
February 27, 2006 07:46PM
March 29, 2006 03:02PM
January 12, 2007 12:56PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.