MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL & Storage

Identifying if I have IO issues on an extremely busy mysql database servers
Posted by: Ravi Malghan
Date: April 23, 2019 05:09PM

I have a moderate to high busy mysql database server (in terms of read and writes). We are having some performance issues. Trying to figure out what might be causing the bottleneck. Database definitely has significantly higher number of reads compared to writes (insert/delete/update). The server has the following specs

Total database size 1TB
RAM: 256G (planning to increase it to 512TB). innodb-buffer-pool-size is set to about 80% of the memory (200G)
24 CPU VM host
Storage is on a SAN with flash storage.

Based on what iostat is showing, read disk latency is in the range 1ms to 12ms averaging around 6ms. Write disk latency is about 1ms to 2.5ms. I have validated this value with other tools as well. Wanted to poll other users to see what kind of latency they are seeing on busy mysql servers. Are my numbers too high or normal or great.
Read throughput is in the range of 176 Mbs - 700Mbs with average about 500Mbs. Write is about 1.58 Mbs-46Mbs with average about 15Mbs.

First time I am dealing with something like this. I can provide additional details what I have provided is not sufficient.

Thanks
Ravi

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Identifying if I have IO issues on an extremely busy mysql database servers
April 23, 2019 05:09PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.