MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL & Storage

Mysql + RedHat Cluster + GFS
Posted by: Brandon Allhands
Date: February 02, 2006 02:16PM

Hello!!

Here is my setup:

5 webservers, each running GFS through a SAN to a Dell PV660F array. Everything is running CentOS 4.2 and MySQL-max 5.018

I have DNS load balancing for the webserver, three are active and 2 are standby for failover.

I originally built this using 2 SQL data nodes using the MySQL cluster engine, but the performance was TERRIBLE. Most of it is because of the way this software doesn't use transactions (But we don't have the manpower/time to rewrite all of the functions) Each of my data nodes are 2 dual 2.8 Xeons with 4 gigs of ram. The databases are very small right now, but will have growth in the future. The maximum I could get out of the cluster was about 800 queries per second.

The current setup has each server running it's own copy of mysql, with a symbolic link to the array for the data directory. All of the databases are MyISAM. The array is GFS, and all are members of the cluster.

I am now getting tables crashing. I am not 100% sure on how to tell what is causing it to crash (Does MySQL log what happened right before the table was marked as crashed?)

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions as to a better way to do this? Would innodb be a better way? Are there some tweaks to the caching that MySQL uses that will make sure the data on the array is up to date at all time (Like disable the caching?) I have considered replication, but I am not sure of how to make sure only the master server handles writes (And I haven't done much reading up on it, so forgive my newbiness on that issue)

Am I completely off track and a shared storage solution completely impossible?

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Brandon

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Mysql + RedHat Cluster + GFS
February 02, 2006 02:16PM
February 12, 2006 03:40AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.