DB design question
Posted by: encre noir
Date: July 28, 2011 05:14AM

Dear all,

I would like to ask you, if you are able to help with the following case:

We have 3 types of objects (each one has 12 different items):

S1, S2, S3, S4, S5, S6, S7, S8, S9, S10, S11, S12 (1-12)

P1, P2, P3, P4, P5, P6, P7, P8, P9, P10, P11, P12 (1-12)

H1, H2, H3, H4, H5, H6, H7, H8, H9, H10, H11, H12 (1-12)

"H" objects are fixed and static, they stay as they are. Each "H" object, may contain from 0 to 12 "P" objects. The "H" object, together with his "P" objects, may interact with 1 or 2 from the "S" objects.

Apparently, "P" objects (1-12) may interact between each other, let's say - P1/P4, P7/P8, etc. In result, they produce fixed values - a1, a2, a3, a4 (for each interaction, they may produce only 1 of the above mentioned values).

Based on all relations, I want to:

1. Create a matrix and DB design for each possible combinations between all objects;
2. Depending on the combination/interaction, to serve specific data which is valid for specific combination and relation between all objects;
3. Implement semantic capabilities and let the DB/system learn which of the data I serve is really correct; (users will be involved in this operation);

Could you help me how to organize all of this? Some kind of approach, any products that may help, guides, advise, etc?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
DB design question
July 28, 2011 05:14AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.