Database Conceptual & Logical Design
Posted by: Malcolm Toni
Date: November 13, 2007 02:26AM

Hello,

I desperately need help. I did come up wit something but got confused the more i read it. Please help in out so that i can proof-read my solution. Thanks.

Malcolm

A company called Street Order Ltd manages street parking in Kampala city. The company collects revenue by charging any vehicle that park on streets of the city. Government vehicles are charged at a half rate per hour and diplomatic vehicles are charged at a quarter rate per hour. All other vehicles (ordinary) are charged at full rate F per hour. The value of the rate F may be changed at any time. An invoice is issued by a parking attendant (who is managing that specific street) to a parked vehicle and the owner settles the invoice by issuing the required number of tickets to the parking attendant. However, the car owner is at liberty to settle the invoice at a later time but a penalty of P% of the invoice value will be charged every D days. The value of P and D may be changed any time. When settlements are done later, the owner of the vehicle takes the required number of tickets or equivalent cash to the cashier based at the company office. Parking tickets are sold by ticket vendors. A certain percentage K of the monthly revenue collected by Street Order Ltd is paid to Kampala city council and a percentage M to the Ministry of Works. The Company keeps the balance. The values of K and M may be changed any time. The Company operates a bank account where all cash collections are deposited and withdraws are made to meet various business obligations. You are contracted by the company to develop a database system that can be used by management to:

1. Monitor the number of tickets sold per month and therefore get the total monthly income. The system should also show the income from ordinary vehicles, government vehicles and diplomatic vehicles.

2. Monitor detailed and consolidated information about unsettled invoice including accumulated penalities attendant and cashiers.

3. Monitor the monies due Kampala city council and the Ministry of Works.

Question

Carry out the detailed analysis of the requirement of the database system and develop robust conceptual and logical data models for the System

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Database Conceptual & Logical Design
November 13, 2007 02:26AM
November 15, 2007 05:23AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.