Entity with 1to1, 1toM and MtoM relationships
Posted by: shashidhar anand
Date: July 09, 2013 02:09PM

Hi All

So I have two entities License Entity and Support Entity which are both subtypes of the Entitlement Entity.

License Entity (Enttitlement Id, License Number, License Start Dt, Lic end dt)
Support Entity (Entitlement Id, Support Number, Support Start Date, Support End date)

I have a situation where I need to maintain a relationship between License and Support Entitlements. And the relationships I need to maintain are License to License (Many to Many), Support to License (1 to Many), and Support to Support (1 to 1).

To define the above relationships I have created a third entity type Entitlement Relationship Entity and have all relationships modelled in this - is this right? OR do I need to have an involuted relationship on Support Entity for the support to support (1to1) relationship and a non identifying 1 to m support to license relationship from the Support Subtype to License Subtype?

Here's my Entitlement Relationship Entity (Entitlement Relationship Id (PK), License Number (FK), License Number Related To (FK ... rolename coz 2nd occurence), Support Number (Fk), Support Number (FK .. rolename coz 2nd occurence, Relationship Type Code, Relationship Strt Dt, Relationship End Dt) The reason I tried to put them together is they have some common attributes like Type Code and Dates.

Thanks much

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2013 02:26PM by shashidhar anand.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Entity with 1to1, 1toM and MtoM relationships
July 09, 2013 02:09PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.