Data model for subscription, single purchase products and variable priced services
Posted by: Anthony Dodd
Date: March 04, 2014 11:06AM

I am designing a database for a system that will handle subscription based products, standard one off set price purchase products, and billing of variable services.

A customer can be related to many domains and a domain may have many subscriptions, set priced products or billed variable services related to it.

I am unsure whether to seperate each of these categories into their own 'orders' table or figure out a solution to compile them all into a single orders table.

Certain information about subscriptions is required such as start date or expiry date which is irrelevant for stand alone products. Variable services could be any price so having a single products table would mean I would have to add a new product which may be never used again or might be at a different cost.

What would be the best way to tackle this, is splitting each into seperate order tables the best way?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Data model for subscription, single purchase products and variable priced services
March 04, 2014 11:06AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.