Re: Purchasing, selling and Stocking of products.
Posted by: Ora Ora
Date: March 06, 2017 09:40AM

Peter Brawley Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ?! On the barcode example you gave, "1152019"
> would mean id=11, size=5, expiry_date=2019; string
> processing would be needed to extract the size
> element from stored barcode values for a query,
> and this would preclude index optimisation of that
> query clause.
I am thinking of not only storing "Barcode" value, but also will store the attributes, like that,
Barcode, Size, Expiry_date
---------------------------------
1152019, 5, 2019

> And naturally, vendor-specific
> barcodes will have errors,
Why will there be errors?

2- This link http://www.artfulsoftware.com/mysqlbook/sampler/mysqled1ch01.html was very helpful, is it a Chapter from a book? If so, please provide me with a link for the whole book or it's name.
3- I read books before talking about "systems analysis and design" but all of them was just talks in theory, and I think(correct me if I am wrong), the database design should be implemented based on some scientific rules but also according to my thoughts to deal with the requirement, those thoughts that can conflict with the scientific rules, So to be good at database design, I should see practical cases and see how designers thought of implementing the scenarios and see demonstrations tell me why they did it like that.
Do you know of a way which can provide me with such thing?

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.