Gathering numerous data points with a fluctuating number of questions
Posted by: Justin Gallow
Date: July 18, 2020 06:55PM

I'm learning to develop using .NET Core and Angular and using MySQL for the database. I'm trying to figure out what the best way to build a database is for a specific portion of the project. This is a checklists module that will allow users to create checklists with customized questions that they would be able to pull up and answer as they complete each item. An example of what I'm looking to do is as follows:

A user can create a checklist that has as many questions as they would like to create.

The user can then pull that checklist up and provide the answers to each question.

Answers will be either a string, boolean, checkbox, image or various other types of input the user chooses when creating the checklist.

Knowing that one user may create 3 questions, and another may create 50 questions, what is the best way to design the table for this to store each question? Would this be a table dedicated to just the name of the checklist, and then another with the list of questions and answers tied together via a join or one to many table? What is the best practice for this?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Gathering numerous data points with a fluctuating number of questions
July 18, 2020 06:55PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.