help with simple db design
Posted by: H Yowza
Date: April 02, 2006 05:02AM

Currently i am using a single table name called Members. Inside this table i have the fields NAME, EMAIL, HOBBIES. I have the hobbies as follows:

Fishing, Dancing, Skating

I have found it to be really unreliable even after getting around it using a programming approach. You see i have a form where the members register them selves and they select their hobbies. After each selection(hobbie) i add a commer and write it to the database. Now initially i had a web interface this approach worked perfectly. However recently i've been converting my app to mobile based. The mobile based adds a semi colon instead and when it is written in semi colon form after each hobbie retrieival is a problem when retrieving.

My question was what would be a better design rather than having many hobbies as one value so retrieving it won't be an issue?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
help with simple db design
April 02, 2006 05:02AM
April 02, 2006 11:14AM
April 02, 2006 07:37PM
April 02, 2006 08:01PM
April 02, 2006 08:34PM
April 02, 2006 09:16PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.