DBDesigner4 error "unable to load libmysqlclient.so" on FC5
Posted by: miguel mello
Date: May 09, 2006 04:18PM

I just installed Fedora Core 5, and got an "unable to load libmysqlclient.so" error on DBDesigner4. After hours of effort and searching, found a fix. If you run like me the DBDesigner4 from binaries, ex: ./startdbd, then problem resides on shared library libmysqlclient.so which links itself to libmysqlclient.so.10.0.0 on folder Linuxlib under DBDesigner4 main folder.

It seems that libmysqlclient.so.10.0.0 from Linuxlib folder does not make its way to mysql-server-5.0. My fix was to install MySQL-shared-compat-5.0.21-0.i386.rpm and use libmysqlclient.so.10.0.0 from that package. You may find where library resides by the command from the terminal:

In my case...

# rpm -ql MySQL-shared-compat
/usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so
/usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.10
/usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.10.0.0

So after installing the proper MySQL-shared-compat, just create a simbolic link to /usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.10.0.0

Ex:
[root@localhost Linuxlib]# ln -s /usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.10 libmysqlclient.so

Now the new libmysqlclient.so will point to /usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.10 which will properly find its way to mysql-server-5.0

Hope those directions help someone...

Good look

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
DBDesigner4 error "unable to load libmysqlclient.so" on FC5
May 09, 2006 04:18PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.