MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Quality Assurance

integrating mysql into the software
Posted by: robert bakaric
Date: April 25, 2008 11:11AM

hi,

well my question is: i was wondering is there a way to get a part of a mysql source code to incorporate it into my own script. i'm developing the perl application and the way that mysql is dealing with table record manipulation exceeds the capabilities of anything i was dealing with till now. i mean i'm not using complex features of the database engine but the data i'm dealing with are quite big (~10-20 GB of txt files) so the database engine is my only way out (as far as i can see).
so i would like to use the technologies of the database (indexing , selecting and deleting data) and incorporate it into my program(of course citation, correspondences and everything would be considered). also the big problem is the logging into mysql, because user hates when he has to install additional stuff and then configure that. so i'm looking for the way out, to somehow incorporate the mysql into my program to make it as user friendly as possible. any suggestions or help is more than welcome.

thank you

robert

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
integrating mysql into the software
April 25, 2008 11:11AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.