MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Quality Assurance

Re: Compiling MySQL using Rational Purify for Pentium.
Posted by: Chad MILLER
Date: February 20, 2007 08:12AM

The files in BUILD/ are (AFAIK) only designed for use by developers, so you shouldn't expect too much out of them. They're designed to make our daily tasks easier, and not much else. We write and add a new one when it would help us, and you should probably do the same, if you need to do something that the existing scripts don't do.

To answer your question: Yes, almost certainly you can compile mysql for Purify. Though I've never used Purify, I suspect you could take the "compile-solaris-sparc-purify" script and use it on any platform; in a cursory glance, I didn't see anything Solaris- or Sparc-specific. Please come back and give feedback either way, okay? Maybe we should rename the file to be more generic.

I notice that the "debug" option to the purify-ing script lacks a "=full" attribute to the parameter that your usual script does have, so you may wish to tweak that to suit your needs.

Cheers.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: Compiling MySQL using Rational Purify for Pentium.
February 20, 2007 08:12AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.