MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Quality Assurance

MySQL Instance Wizard ISSUE
Posted by: Jonathan Stremming
Date: October 24, 2007 11:28AM

I decided last week to setup and host a local/forum website. Here are my specs:

Software: Adobe CS3 MasterSuite
Server: Apache 2.2.6

Now... I installed PHP5 without a problem and I need MySQL to handle the database for my FLASH forum. So... I download the SETUP and install it. Everything is fine until I run the INSTANCE CONFIG WIZARD.

I enter all my information correctly, enter my password and after starting MYSQL, I get an error (ERROR NR. 2003) when it tries to do the security thing (AKA STEP #4).
Ive un-installed, cleaned the registry, cleaned the folders, re-installed.... about 38 times to date and it still doesn't work. I can get it to run, but when I enter a password, my computer BEEPS and it crashes.

Its amazing how this #1 software that everyone uses is a free POS. I've googled the problem tremendously only to find 500 other people who have the same issue without a fix. THERES NO FIX!!! NO SOLUTION!!! WTF is wrong with the programmers? And now you have an enterprise edition you sell? Even people who have that have issues...

Im starting to believe that MySQL used to be a good product, corporate took over, and now its garbage... thanks guys! thanks for the sell out!

PS. I promise to take all that back if someone can find a fix or help me fix the issue.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
MySQL Instance Wizard ISSUE
October 24, 2007 11:28AM
October 24, 2007 12:03PM
October 24, 2007 12:14PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.