MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Quality Assurance

Server Troubles MYSQL & PHP
Posted by: Tobias Niederhauser
Date: December 08, 2007 08:55AM

hello,

I'm not shure at all if I'am posting in the right corner or even the right forum. Since my provider upgraded from an older MYSQL & PHP Version to a newer one (now PHP 5.1.6 / MYSQL 4.1.21) they're facing some performance peaks on the webserver processes, which they say are generated by my "index.php" file. I asked them about the MYSQL processes, they told me that not the MYSQL though the webserver processes were the problem which resulted in high CPU loads.

The site was running 3 years without the slightest problem before. PHP Queries are done by a class function which looks like this one...

class db_link extends settings {
function db_link() {
$this->settings();
$this->db_link = mysql_connect($this->db_serv, $this->db_user, $this->db_pass) or die("Could not connect");
mysql_select_db($this->db_name,$this->db_link) or die ("Database does not exist");

}

function query($SQL) {
$RS = mysql_query( $SQL, $this->db_link ) or die("Invalid query :: $SQL");
$this->RS=$RS;
}
}

I'm just doing simple MYSQL JOIN Queries over a few Tables (around 8). But as I said, before it was running without the slightest problem. The funny thing is, that my site is pretty fast to access, these perfomance issues are happening in the background (not on specific times; random times) and the provider and me don't know what to do. They're just blaming it on me, they might be right. But I don't know what else I can change in my PHP File to make it work again.

PHP Info is accessible via

https://blackswan.ch/fltsimres/info.php

Thank you for your Help, really appreciated!
Tobias Niederhauser

...Currently a having a HTTP403 site...

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Server Troubles MYSQL & PHP
December 08, 2007 08:55AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.