MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Quality Assurance

temp tables in mysql data directory not cleaned up
Posted by: alex dean
Date: January 07, 2008 12:57PM

I have several MySQL 5.0.45 servers which are replicating data from a MySQL 5.0.21 master. One of the slaves is a DRBD active/passive cluster (which we will promote to master once it's had some more testing). The other slaves are just single machines. All slaves have the same configuration.

On the DRBD primary, I see several MYD and MYI files for temporary tables hanging around in the mysql datadir, not in the configured tmpdir. These are not being cleaned up automatically, as some of them are several weeks old. I first noticed the issue because the old tmp data was consuming about 99% of the available disk.

Here's an example :
#sql27c1_3_9f3.MYD
#sql27c1_3_9f3.MYI
#sql27c1_3_ad9.MYD
#sql27c1_3_ad9.MYI
#sql27c1_3_bf.MYD
#sql27c1_3_bf.MYI

I thought this might be connected to a bug reported as fixed in 5.0.51 :
http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=30287.

I'm going to try an upgrade to 5.0.51 to see if that helps, but if that is the case I don't understand why our other 2 slaves are not showing this same problem. I don't really think that DRBD is part of the issue, but it's the only thing I can think of that's different between the servers that do and do not have this issue.

Any other ideas?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
temp tables in mysql data directory not cleaned up
January 07, 2008 12:57PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.