MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Quality Assurance

New post or reply to existing - conundrum
Posted by: Thomas Johnson
Date: February 12, 2008 05:35PM

I tired upgrading to the latest server and drivers and found several "bugs", "feature requests", "document inconsistancies" and general I have to change my code to match new "features" included in the new version. To come these concolusions I did a LOT of research.
I have been able to answer a lot of other peoples questions, who experienced the same issues, because of the changes in behavior of the new version, but when I come across a true issue, and see someone from 6 months had the same issue but it has no response, or was marked as "Not a Bug" when I can prove it is,

should I post my findings to the original topic or should I satrt a new topic.

My fear is if they are filtering out the older issues or ones with a status of "Not a Bug", the correct people who need to see my post will not. I know many techies will always point out you should search for existing issues before posting, but in these cases I wasn't sure if I should start a new one or not since the original wasn't closed satistfactory and they are old.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
New post or reply to existing - conundrum
February 12, 2008 05:35PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.