MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Quality Assurance

how to fix datetime format!?
Posted by: d a
Date: June 13, 2008 12:52PM

I used to be running a database on a server than ran on Darwin (unix like from Apple/Mac) and mysql version 4.0.14; the server has crashed and is therefore not usable but I was able to get hold of the mysql data files. I have copied them over under the data folder in a new mysql installation version 5.0.27 through easyphp on local Windows XP machine and luckily everything has worked fine and I have access to all databases, tables and data; the only strange thing is that the fields that were of type datetime do not show up properly. for instance "2007-03-21 12:35:51" shows up as "?/,(-*--)'' 95:86:56"

does anyone know what the reason is and how it may be fixed !!?

Thanks in advance.

p.s. here is the show create table on the new installation:

CREATE TABLE `video_comments` (\n `comment_id` int(10) NOT NULL auto_increment,\n `clipId` int(9) NOT NULL default '0',\n `comment` text NOT NULL,\n `userId` int(9) NOT NULL default '0',\n `date_posted` datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00',\n PRIMARY KEY (`comment_id`)\n) ENGINE=MyISAM AUTO_INCREMENT=563 DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
how to fix datetime format!?
d a
June 13, 2008 12:52PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.