MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Quality Assurance

Design issue
Posted by: ERNESTO PENA
Date: September 10, 2008 08:15AM

Hello guys,

The problem I am facing is that I am trying to figure out how to design a database for a new project I am working on.

First, we have users
Second, we have jobs for every user
This "Users" will create different jobs. The thing is that every user will create like 6 to 11 jobs in a monthly basis.

I just create a separate database for users. And I am thinking in creating a new database for every user's jobs. On this database is where every user will create all the jobs. So the tables will be filled as more jobs come in.

On this case I will have to put a repetitive field in every table that refers and identify the jobID and every time the user use the database would be filtering it by that jobid.

Is this structure better than if I replicate for every job all the tables. We are talking about 20 to 30 tables per job. I do not know what is better for perfonmance If having everything into the same tables and filter every job by this jobid or having all tables replicated for every job.

Any advise will be appreciated

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Design issue
September 10, 2008 08:15AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.