MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Quality Assurance

strange problem on Ubuntu 10 LTS
Posted by: Uwe Zimmermann
Date: June 29, 2011 03:54PM

I have been using MySQL as database engine hosting a ThumbsPlus (www.cerious.com) database for more than 5 years now, running a Linux server. Recently I upgraded to Ubuntu 10.04 LTS and now I have problems with my database - a 1.1 GByte table containing 400000 records and a longblob column is constantly reported broken.

Since MySQL 5.1.40 is the latest supported version under Ubuntu 10.04 and I suspected the long bug-list of this version to be the culprit, I installed 5.5.13 on the server - with exactly the same behavior.

I reconstructed the database from a couple-of-month-old backup (when the server was still under Ubuntu 9) - same behavior. The corruption occurs immediately after reading the backup .sql-file using the source-command from within mysql. There are no reported errors during the import itself!

Then I reconstructed the database on my Windows PC (Windows XP Pro, MySQL 5.1.41 from XAMPP) - and there is absolutely no problem with the database. The structure of the affected table is as follows:

-- Database: `thumbsplus`
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `thumbnail` (
`idThumb` int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
`idPath` int(11) NOT NULL,
`idFiletype` int(11) DEFAULT NULL,
`file_time` int(11) DEFAULT NULL,
`thumbnail_time` int(11) DEFAULT NULL,
`filesize` int(11) DEFAULT NULL,
`checksum` int(11) DEFAULT NULL,
`width` int(11) DEFAULT NULL,
`height` int(11) DEFAULT NULL,
`horiz_res` int(11) DEFAULT NULL,
`vert_res` int(11) DEFAULT NULL,
`colortype` smallint(6) DEFAULT NULL,
`colordepth` smallint(6) DEFAULT NULL,
`gamma` smallint(6) DEFAULT NULL,
`thumbnail_width` smallint(6) NOT NULL,
`thumbnail_height` smallint(6) NOT NULL,
`thumbnail_type` int(11) DEFAULT NULL,
`thumbnail_size` int(11) DEFAULT NULL,
`name` varchar(255) DEFAULT NULL,
`Thumbnail` longblob,
`annotation` text,
`metric1` tinyblob,
`metric2` tinyblob,
`metric3` tinyblob,
PRIMARY KEY (`idThumb`),
KEY `idPath` (`idPath`),
KEY `idPath_2` (`idPath`,`name`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 AUTO_INCREMENT=415010 ;

Stats of my server: Ubuntu 10.04LTS 32bit, 512 MByte RAM, 1 TByte software Raid 1 HDD, ext4 filesystem.

Does anyone have an idea where I should look further for the source of the problem?

Thanks for any help! Uwe.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
strange problem on Ubuntu 10 LTS
June 29, 2011 03:54PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.