MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Quality Assurance

Possible Bug when Saving
Posted by: Daniel Mitten
Date: July 20, 2012 11:08AM

***********************
About Me
***********************

First off, I am not a SQL Admin or a programmer. I have a fairly strong grasp of how SQL works, and am getting better and better with it by the day. I have been running a SQL database for the company I work at for about 1 year. I have been a computer consultant for over 10 years now, working mainly with home and small office networks (1 -20 machines) and refurbishing, repairing, or building PC's.



***********************
The Environment
***********************

I have a MySQL Community server set up here in the office. I am running the following:

* Half my network accesses the database via Ethernet, the other via Wireless. This is because we bought the office next to us, and it has no networking lines run. My boss did not want to spend the extra budget to remedy this.
* MySQL 5.1.56 Community
* MySQL Java Connector 5.1
* Windows XP 32-bit (On the server)
* Windows XP 32-bit (On 4 out of 8 clients)
* Windows 7 64-bit (On 4 out of 8 clients)
* MySQL Workbench 5.2.40
* LibreOffice (For database front end)-I recently changed to Libre from OpenOffice as I was having several problems with the new Apache 3.4 version.

This problem occurs in both OpenOffice 3.3 and 3.4, as well as Libre 3.5.5.3 which is what leads me to believe that it is possibly a MySQL issue. Either a bug, or perhaps a bad setting on my behalf, I am unsure which.



***********************
The Possible Bug
***********************

When trying to save changes made to an entry, the client receives an error that states something along the lines of "Cannot save. No changes have been made." I have not gotten the exact error yet as my co-workers are in the habit of closing the error box before I see it. I see no errors in the SQL Server log.

Originally I thought it was the connection timing out or something. I changed the timeouts to try and fix this problem, it did not work. I changed the front end from OpenOffice 3.3 to Apache 3.4, then to LibreOffice 3.5.5.3 and the error occurs on all of them.

I do not know how to recreate the bug, but am more then willing to do all that I can to assist in doing so. If there is anything you need that I can provide, please just ask. And thank you in advance to anyone who can offer me a solution, or at least a direction to start looking. I am becoming very frustrated with this problem, and feel that there is not much more I can do without help.

Daniel M.

Options: ReplyQuote


Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Possible Bug when Saving
1910
July 20, 2012 11:08AM
964
August 02, 2012 08:05AM


Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.