MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Falcon

Best way to load table to test Falcon
Posted by: Anthony Willard
Date: May 25, 2007 07:30AM

I'm trying to test out the Falcon storage engine.

I've taken a dump from a production warehouse server so I can test it out with my existing data, about 9 GB of data. I've dumped on the server using:
mysqldump --host 127.0.0.1 --opt --routines --verbose --user=someuser --password=somepass some_schema > scripts/some_schema_backup_.sql

I then changed the resulting output file and moved the table engines from MyISAM to Falcon. Note, the main table has 10+ million rows, 100+ columns.

I thought it would take some time with the size of data - it took 30 minutes to produce the output file. However, the load ran for 14 hours and only got about half way through the data (as best I can tell).

I suspect that it is trying to perform one massive transaction and the shear size is overwhelming it.

Any suggestions for how to get my data loaded as efficiently as possible, or are there some Falcon specific settings that I can use to help this along?

Anthony

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.