MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Falcon

Re: Best way to load table to test Falcon
Posted by: Anthony Willard
Date: June 08, 2007 08:09AM

I'm still not making any progress. I've gone down the path of using a dump file to load in using "SELECT * INTO OUTFILE" and "LOAD DATA INFILE".

The problem, still seems to be the size of the data - over 6GB. If I break down the input into smaller chunks, say 100k rows, they load.

The full file runs for a while and eventually dies with some error relating to max_binlog_cache_size not being large enough. How large should it be? It's set to 4GB with autocommit=1.

After it fails, is seems to go into a very wierd state. The physical server responsiveness seems to resume to normal. But, MySQL appears to be doing something and the service cannot be stopped. I end up killing it using Task Manager. Then when it restarts, it goes back to doing whatever it was doing when I killed it. Like it is processing the log and doing some type long-winded of rollback.

If I've encountered a bug, I'm not quite certain where or what it is and how to reproduce it.

I'll see what else I can uncover.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.