MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Knowledge Base

remote access to mysql server in java
Posted by: Alessandro Arras
Date: May 17, 2007 02:45AM

Hello everyone. I would like to signal a problem when trying to connect remotely to a mysql server from a java program.
I have a computer network composed of 4 pcs with Windows XP Pro SP2, 1 pc with Windows XP Pro SP1, 1 pc with Windows XP Home, 3 pcs with Windows 2000.
Each pc has MySQL 4.0.16 configured in exactly the same way. A Java program runs on one pc (at a time, could be any of them), and sometimes needs to update some data both on a local DB and on all of the remote DBs via remote connections to the remote mysql servers on the network. No matter on what pc the program runs, all the remote DBs are correctly updated except those with XP Pro SP2.
The Java debugger catches a timeout exception when trying to open the remote connections to these pcs. If the program runs on one of the pcs with XP Pro SP2, the timeout exception occurs on the other 3 pcs with XP Pro SP2, while the others are correctly updated. So the problem appears to be with XP Pro SP2, but in this case I don't know how to fix it. Should someone have encountered a similar problem, I would be glad of being suggested on a possible solution (as for example trying with a newer version of MySQL).
Thanks in advance

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
remote access to mysql server in java
May 17, 2007 02:45AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.