MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Knowledge Base

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A request to send or receive data was disallowed because the socket is not connected and (when sending on a datagram socket using a sendto call) no address was supplied
Posted by: Pratik Kantharia
Date: July 09, 2007 07:43AM

We are using MySql Connector/Net 1.0.7 with ASP.NET. We are facing following error continously. I am not sure about the cause of the error.

But we are opening and closing connection in a Ideal way i.e. opening a connection before query execution and closing connection after query is executed.

/////////////////////////////////////////////
Detailed Error.

Reason :: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A request to send or receive data was disallowed because the socket is not connected and (when sending on a datagram socket using a sendto call) no address was supplied
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Shutdown(SocketShutdown how)
at MySql.Data.Common.SocketStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at System.IO.BufferedStream.ReadByte()
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.PacketReader.ReadHeader()
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.PacketReader.OpenPacket()
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.Open()
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.CreateNewPooledConnection()
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.GetPooledConnection()
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.GetConnection()
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPoolManager.GetConnection(MySqlConnectionString settings)
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection.Open()
at classbased.DAL.BaseDAL.exeScalarQuery(String strQuery) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\tosc9\classbased\DAL\BaseDAL.vb:line 118

/////////////////////////////////////////////

Can anyone help me ? Can anyone get me out of this trouble. ?

Or is it a bug of MySqlConnector/Net 1.0.7 ?

Please reply asap..

Thanks in advance.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A request to send or receive data was disallowed because the socket is not connected and (when sending on a datagram socket using a sendto call) no address was supplied
July 09, 2007 07:43AM
October 07, 2007 12:16AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.