MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Knowledge Base

PHP code for mysql
Posted by: Cheryl James
Date: January 09, 2008 05:44PM

I use Dreamweaver CS3 to create my sites on a Windows/Apache Server with PHP5 and Mysql 5. The website in question is www.peoplehelpinghorses.org. The site works perfectly on my testing server at home. On the Web server I'm getting the following error:

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /hermes/bosweb/web248/b2488/ipw.horsehelp/public_html/residents/residents.php on line 63
PHP Warning: mysql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /hermes/bosweb/web248/b2488/ipw.horsehelp/public_html/residents/residents.php on line 61

The lines in question are:

Line 61 - mysql_select_db($database_conn_phh, $conn_phh);
$query_getSuccess = "SELECT * FROM horses WHERE status = 'Success Story' ORDER BY horse_barn ASC";
$getSuccess = mysql_query($query_getSuccess, $conn_phh) or die(mysql_error());
$row_getSuccess = mysql_fetch_assoc($getSuccess);
$totalRows_getSuccess = mysql_num_rows($getSuccess);

I just design and implement the site using Dreamweaver. I'm not a web developer and what I have found out there is still reading greek to me. My connection file is working and connecting the database.

Since the above code is throughout the site in one form or another it's causing me major headaches. Any help would be appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
PHP code for mysql
January 09, 2008 05:44PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.