MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Knowledge Base

unusual Query help ( is this possible)
Posted by: Aaron Kenton
Date: March 22, 2010 03:33PM

Hi everyone,

I have a query that I can not find information on how to achieve it or if it is even possible and would be very grateful for any help.

This query below is contacting two seperate Mysql DB's

SELECT JourneyResponseSupport.Extra1ID,
CRHelp.Help.Name, CRHelp.Help.HelpType
FROM JourneyResponseSupport, CRHelp.Help
WHERE JourneyResponseSupport.ResponseID = 1 AND JourneyResponseSupport.Extra1ID = CRHelp.Help.Help

This query give me the desired results for the information I need that is connected to the JourneyResponseSupport.Extra1ID (results i.e JourneyResponseSupport.Extra1ID is 1, CRHelp.Help.Name is 'the name of Extra1ID' and CRHelp.Help.HelpType returns the type of file 'video' )

This is what I need as a result. The problem that I am having is that I have 4 JourneyResponseSupport.Extra1ID (i.e JourneyResponseSupport.Extra1ID, JourneyResponseSupport.Extra2ID, JourneyResponseSupport.Extra3ID, JourneyResponseSupport.Extra4ID ) that I want to get the same information from the CRHelp.Help Table.

So that my query results would look like
(Extra1ID show 1, Help.Name show's the name for "1", and HelpType shows i.e video)
(Extra2ID show 2, Help.Name show's the name for "2", and HelpType shows i.e audio)
(Extra3ID show 3, Help.Name show's the name for "3", and HelpType shows i.e text)
(Extra4ID show 4, Help.Name show's the name for "4", and HelpType shows i.e audio)

I have not been able to find a way to do this or even if it is possible as each one is grouped together.

Many thank for taking a look at this, I am so grateful for your help

Sincerely

Aaron

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
unusual Query help ( is this possible)
March 22, 2010 03:33PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.