MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Utilities

MySQL Master/Master Replication
Posted by: Gaël Charrière
Date: November 25, 2008 07:51AM

hi all,

I set up an architecture composed of two MySQL databases. I want to make the best use of my resources in term of availability and performance in a replication context.

First of all, it is important to keep in mind that the structure of my databases will no be altered after the initial deployment of my application. Therefore I thought to deploy my two MySQL databases in multimaster mode. This solution was preferred because it does not imply any change for my application. It is a prerequisite in my architecture.

However, I have the impression that MySQL does not promote this type of replication in a production context. MySQL argues that Master/Master replication works, but I need to be sure it can be use safely. Do you know such a deployment in a production context?

MySQL allows me to work around my issue using the MySQL Proxy for example, through which I could redirect the readings to a slave and writings to a master. However, since the proxy is not yet finalized, I do not think it is a reliable option for Master/Master replication. In a production context, what solution do you suggest to ensure better performance and availability if I have two nodes and I am not able to modify the application to redirect queries according to the type of request? Is Master/Slave replication really the only reliable solution?

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
MySQL Master/Master Replication
November 25, 2008 07:51AM
February 22, 2009 06:30PM
March 04, 2009 10:28AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.