MySQL Forums :: Utilities :: Fabric project status

Advanced Search

Re: Fabric project status
Posted by: Nick Swenson ()
Date: November 23, 2016 12:20PM

Yes, I've had a lot of "fun" working around the HA aspect of fabric with Pacemaker and Corosync. It definitely could be a lot easier than it is - there are a ton of gotchas I had to work through. I see the appeal of multi-master.

https://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql-utilities/1.5/en/fabric-pacemaker.html

The main database I was considering when I wrote my questions is part of a vendor application and, yes, it is read heavy. We have very little control over the database and have been discouraged from making changes in the past by being told they would no longer support us even if we just made some index changes. We can suggest those changes to them, but there is no guarantee they'll be implemented.

Unfortunately for horizontal scaling, 1) the application has not and will not be tested with (certified for use with) the fabric-aware connectors and 2) there is no option within the application to direct read/write traffic differently than read-only.

So, my only real option right now is to improve HA (failover right now is manual, with brief downtime). I've been testing mysql fabric with mysql router to allow for automated failover. It seems to work well, but I was concerned that fabric may no longer be supported and I'd have to rework my clusters as InnoDB Clusters in the relatively near future.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Fabric project status 758 Vasiliy T 10/02/2016 03:52AM
Re: Fabric project status 330 Edwin Desouza 10/03/2016 09:09AM
Re: Fabric project status 352 Nick Swenson 10/05/2016 12:44PM
Re: Fabric project status 356 Edwin Desouza 10/06/2016 06:51PM
Re: Fabric project status 291 Nick Swenson 11/23/2016 11:30AM
Re: Fabric project status 239 Junho Whang 11/30/2016 01:04PM
Re: Fabric project status 292 Rick James 10/07/2016 12:54PM
Re: Fabric project status 238 Nick Swenson 11/23/2016 12:20PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.