MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Utilities

Re: mysqlfailover and redundancy
Posted by: Matt Lord
Date: May 24, 2017 02:32PM

Hi Francisco,

Unfortunately there is no built-in HA related features for mysqlfailover itself. You could certainly run multiple instances of it, but as you suspected there's the potential there for unexpected behavior as there's no coordination between the mysqlfailover processes.

This is one of the many problems with external tooling.

If it's possible to upgrade to 5.7, and eventually 8.0, then I would strongly urge you to check out InnoDB clusters.

While mysqlfailover is not going away anytime soon, we're not investing significant resources there either. So I would not expect any major new features.

Conversely we're investing a lot of resources in the new native MySQL HA stack, AKA InnoDB clusters. That's really the future for MySQL, so I would recommend that you work with what you have currently--utilizing the relatively simple master/slave setup with mysqlfailover--and stick with that as long as it's meeting your needs. And then whenever you need more than it can offer, you start a completely new app, or are simply prepared for a more involved upgrade, then you should try out InnoDB clusters.

Best Regards,

Matt

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: mysqlfailover and redundancy
May 24, 2017 02:32PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.