MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Router & Proxy

mysql-proxy and users with no localhost permission
Posted by: Fernando Urzedo
Date: March 17, 2010 04:53PM

Hi all,

I have just installed mysql-proxy 0.8.0 in the same server I run a MySQL 5.0.67, lets call it SERVER A. I am able to start the proxy successfully, providing only the LUA script option and it works fine.

However, I have just noticed that the proxy only accepts connections of remote users that have privileges to access that MySQL instance from localhost . I mean, If I define a user with no privileges when accessing that MySQL from SERVER A, it will not connect to the MySQL via proxy. On the other hand, all users that only had privileges to connect from localhost are now exposed via mysql-proxy's port.

I would like to know if there is something I can do to fix this behaviour. In other words, If I defined a user that can only connects from the same server MySQl is running, this user will not have a chance to connect remotely via mysql-proxy... and If I define a user that is allowed to connect only from remote servers, it will be possible either via mysql-proxy or directly to MySQL port.

Thanks in advance!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
mysql-proxy and users with no localhost permission
March 17, 2010 04:53PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.